Friday 20 May 2011

Man Lifts – Should We Demand Women Lifts or Should They be Called Person Lifts

I can never understand the clamor to change the name of something like man lifts to a neutral gender name, essentially an item of industrial personnel and materials handling which was in invented in a time when men predominately worked in industry.
Personally, you wouldn’t get me up in one of those things if you paid me a king’s (queen’s) ransom, but that’s because I suffer from a condition known as ‘scaredy cat’.
But for working at heights in an industrial environment and getting to those hard to get and chiefly inaccessible places they are ideal and save a lot of time and man hours.
Not only can the work be carried efficiently and practically using a manlift, I’m told the view isn’t too bad either, like being on a windy bluff and surveying the valley below.
Just don’t ask me to come and take a look

No comments:

Post a Comment