Sunday 13 May 2012

Finding love!

I am 33 now and have lived in Cape Town for the last 8 years, the number of men that I have met since I’ve lived here could be counted on one hand. The first was in a very posh bar that I went to for a works social, a handsome Australian that had multi national business’ - of course a tourist, although we exchanged numbers I didn’t hear from him again. The second was a Drummer from a band that me and a friend went to see in a little bar, I dragged him home that night, saw him a few times after this and then he went skipping off into the distance with a little bit of my heart and dignity. We all know how to find a drunken kiss with a beer-blind so-and-so on a Saturday night, but real romance is hard to come by. It has become apparent that my romance career in London bars is slacking, So where am I going to find my Mr Right? I have always believed in never dipping ones pen into the office ink, So naturally I have had to hide some crushes that I have had on colleagues. If not for the possibility of it getting in the way of my career then to save the embarrassment of possible rejection. So in truth it’s probably less of ‘personal choice’ but more ‘principle by default’. Public transport… surely an absolute goldmine with over 1million people using it each and every day…Surely once a week you would be pressed against a handsome, like minded, similar aged professional on the train, make eye contact feel the chemistry and he would slip you his business card and a wink…No, in reality catching the eye of a fellow commuter on the tube is unheard of, but even if it did happen and I had a little flirt, I would be looked upon like a alien. I heard the odd tale about couples meeting in supermarkets when both going to pick up the same block of cheese…but I don’t believe in it, I’d say them couple’s met on an online dating website but wont admit it! Not that I think there is anything wrong with it… In fact a wedding that I went to a couple of weeks ago, one of my best old friends met her now husband on a dating site. They are so in love and planning to build a family and live happily ever after. To conclude…I’ve rarely been approached by an attractive stranger while out and about, I’ve never dated a co-worker, I’ve never fallen in love at first sight whilst commuting to work. This seems to be a common predicament among young people in Cape Town, So what chance have I got? The Internet of course, now as above mentioned online dating can be very successful. And similar stories are becoming more and more common. All of the sites now even have a ‘success stories’ page which is full of happy couples, some married with kids and some travelling the world together. And then some friends have been on dating sites for years and have had no luck. Which ever way that you look at it, I have more chance finding Mr Right on an online dating site then in everyday life. For more info. click here

3 comments:

  1. This can be this kind of an awesome source that you are placing up and also you give it away free of charge.
    Vail snowmobile rentals

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a nice information you have here. Thanks for sharing it!
    running Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.
    http://slickadvice.com/

    ReplyDelete